Victorian Indoor Ultimate Championships 2021
The Victorian Indoor Ultimate Championships is back in 2021, taking place at the Olive Road Sporting Complex in Eumemmerring on Saturday July 24th. Teams from around Victoria are welcome to take part, regardless of experience level.
VIUC 2021 is supported by the Casey Netball Association.
Olive Road Sporting Complex, Frawley Road, Eumemmerring.
Eumemmerring is adjacent to Dandenong. The Olive Road Sporting Complex is accessible by car, just off the Monash Freeway at the Heatherton Road exit, or the South Gippsland Freeway at the Princes Hwy exit.
The 828 bus from Dandenong train station runs right by the venue. Search for stop ID 3669 on the PTV website.
Registration and fees
Registration opens on Friday May 14th. The team fee is set at $350 (inc GST). Minimum roster size is 7 and maximum is 12.
This event will be capped at 24 teams. To secure a place teams must complete registration requirements (including player waivers) and have paid their team fee.
VIUC will be played under WFDF Rules, with the following adjustments.
- Courts are 30.5m long and 15.25m wide, with 4.5m endzones.
- Teams play with 5 players on the court, with at least 2 male and 2 female players on the court at all times.
- Games will be played to 20-25 minutes (time cap to be advised closer to the event) with no points cap.
- No half time and no time outs.
- Game finishes at time cap. If the disc is mid-air at time cap, the outcome of the throw stands. If the score is level at time cap, play continues until the next goal is scored.
- Maximum stall count is 8.
- A contested stall comes in at 6. Offensive fouls come in at max 7. All other calls come in at max 5.
- When a goal is scored, the player must signal the goal by extending both arms directly up, then place the disc on the ground at the point the goal was scored. Opposition then plays the disc from there (no disc check).
- Teams attacking/defending endzones remain static for the duration of the game – they do not swap after every goal.
- Substitutions can be made at any time, with the player coming off tagging with the player coming on in front of the scorer’s desk (except in the case of an injury stoppage). The player coming on cannot enter the court until the player coming off has crossed the sideline. All players are to keep the space in front of the scorer’s desk clear at all other times.
- Goals cannot be scored from the defensive “third” of the court (as marked by lines running across). This rule is in place as a safety precaution because of insufficient run-off space at the back of the endzones to allow players to safely slow down after entering the endzone at full pace.