This is based on a ball game played by the Kabi Kabi people of southern Queensland. It is very similar to touch rugby.
- Eight cones marking a field for every two teams – approximately 15m wide and 25m goal-to-goal
- One disc
- Two teams of equal numbers
- Score a point by running the disc across a goal line
- Show participants the field and the goal line
- One team starts on offence and one starts on defence. Play starts will a pull similar to Ultimate
- Players run with the disc, but must stop when they are tagged by a defender. Once they are stopped, they must throw to a teammate who can keep running
- Possession changes after the offence has been tagged six times, or if the defence can block or intercept the frisbee
- A player scores one point for their team if they run over the score line with the frisbee, without being touched by an opponent.
- Players can’t catch the frisbee in the endzone, they must run it in
CHANGE IT ideas
- Area: make the playing field wider (easier for offence) or narrower (harder for defence)
- Time: add a time limit on when a tagged player must pass