Ultimate Victoria is a partner of and officially
recognised by School Sport Victoria
VicFlick is Ultimate Victoria’s program for Years 7 to 12. VicFlick is a modified form of ultimate frisbee that is played on a smaller field with less players to focus on skills rather than athleticism, and ensure every participant has the opportunity to be involved in gameplay.
- Disc packs with free lesson plans included.
- Instructors attending your school for a one-off clinic to teach the basic skills of VicFlick.
- Instructors attending for a series of classes over 4-8 weeks.
- Game Advisors to assist with running SSV District competitions and championships
- Attendance at the UV High School State Championships
A variety of options are available for secondary schools to deliver VicFlick
We can tailor the right package to suit your school and fit your budget. Please contact us to find out more.
Why Play Ultimate?
WHY PLAY ULTIMATE?
HERE’S 5 GOOD REASONS!
- Non-contact – as a non-contact sport it is a great, safe sport for students of all ages, sizes and abilities.
- Self-refereed – the self-refereeing aspect of Ultimate encourages a mature response to competitive situations.
- Skill Acquisition – the task of throwing a frisbee accurately and catching it successfully is great for the development of hand-eye co-ordination.
- Fun – we regularly find that students who wouldn’t usually get involved in PE really take an interest in Ultimate.
- Co-ed – Ultimate is most commonly played with both men and women. Most leagues in Australia are mixed!
Ultimate is a unique sport that fosters many traditional fundamental motor skills, as well as requiring new frisbee specific skills. The game itself develops many fundamental motor skills such as running, leaping and the vertical jump. Ultimate also develops hand-eye co-ordination and catching skills as well as the unique forehand, backhand and overhead throwing skills needed to propel the disc. These new skills are easy and fun to learn and many of the movements can be adapted from other sports.
In a time when sedentary children are often considered the norm, Ultimate can inspire participants to live active lives. The fast-paced game of Ultimate is a fantastic cardio workout with many new skills to master. The game is always entertaining.
Ultimate can be modified to suit different playing abilities. Simply playing throw and catch has many health benefits as you chase and jump attempting to make a catch.
SPIRIT OF THE GAME
Ultimate also provides a unique approach to officiating, allowing the players to resolve disputes without a referee. The Spirit of the Game (SOTG) is the governing rule of the sport that entrusts players to play within the rules in an honest and friendly-yet-competitive environment. SOTG allows players many opportunities for leadership as well as situations for players to practice conflict resolution that can easily be transferred to other areas of life. SOTG is best defined as: Play hard; play fair.
STAFF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Australian Flying Disc Association’s (AFDA) Level 1 Community Coaching Course is available to take online.
This coaching course will provide participants with an understanding and skill set to introduce and teach the sport of Ultimate to beginners.
This course would be highly beneficial to teachers that would like to introduce Ultimate to their students and include it as a weekly sport, or for preparation for participating in or facilitating inter-school Ultimate competitions.
AFDA is offering the course and accreditation for free throughout 2021.
Visit the UA Clubhouse website for more information or to start taking the course.
UV HIGH SCHOOL STATE CHAMPS
2021 UV SECONDARY SCHOOL STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (YEARS 9-12)
The 2021 event took place on Tuesday March 30th at Royal Park, Parkville. Click here for the event wrap-up.
2021 UV SECONDARY SCHOOL STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS (YEAR 7-8)
This event will take place in October 2021 (date TBC) at Royal Park, Parkville. Please contact us if you wish to be notified when details are confirmed.
In 2022 we will be running three divisions – Years 11/12 (Term 1), Years 9/10 (Term 1) and Years 7/8 (Term 4)
- Competition Rules – High School Ultimate
- Basic Competition Rules – One Page
- Spirit Scoring Guide (right click – ‘open link in new tab’)
- Team List Template (right click – ‘open link in new tab’)
- Score Sheet – UVHSSC
Supported by School Sport Victoria.
School Pack (15 discs) = $365
Large School Pack (30 discs) = $580
The discs are 175g Discraft Ultrastars, which are World Flying Disc Federation approved discs.
Packs come with a bag and lesson plans. GST and delivery/postage is included in the price.
To purchase discs from Ultimate Victoria, please email admin [at] ultimatevictoria.com.au.