Work for UV: Administration Officer
Ultimate Victoria is now recruiting for a new Administration Officer to support our organisation. Read on for more info and how to apply.
Ultimate Victoria (UV) is a non-profit Incorporated Association aimed at developing the sport of Ultimate throughout Victoria. UV is recognised as the peak body for the sport by Sport & Recreation Victoria.
UV runs a number of Ultimate leagues and tournaments around the state. UV also provides assistance to its affiliated clubs to promote the game, and provides coaching sessions of Ultimate for school and community groups.
The role of the Administrative Officer is to support the UV Board, its employees and key volunteers in carrying out their functions.
The role is a casual position with flexible working hours, working up to a maximum of 20 hours per week. A standard work week will be around 10-12 hours across the week.
Some of the key duties include
- Act as a main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Generating financial reports for board review
- Confirm sales of participation program packages, including Sporting Schools programs
- Seek out and facilitate opportunities for revenue generation including grants, sponsorships, merchandise sales
- Track club affiliation status and assist clubs with meeting requirements
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms
- Maintain calendar of UV and club activities to facilitate wider promotion to UV members and potential participants
For a more detailed and extensive list of key duties, please download a copy of the full position description.
The successful candidate will need to have some regular availability during business hours (9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday) to be able to address timely matters. They will also need to be able to provide their own workspace and be able to work independently with limited supervision.
The successful candidate will primarily work from home, however occasional in-person presence will be required in central Melbourne (eg: industry workshops). Occasional evening and weekend work to support major UV events may also be required.
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Monday May 15th, 2023
This position is subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check and Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Ultimate Victoria to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
UV values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences are encouraged to apply.