Employment opportunity – Participation Officers
Ultimate Victoria is looking to add two new casual employees to deliver in-school participation programs in 2023.
Read on for more information and to find out how to apply.
There are two roles available for 2023
- Participation Officer – West Metropolitan
- Participation Officer – South-East Metropolitan
This role is work from home with flexible work hours – ideal for students studying a sport-related qualification.
The role will start out at 10-15 hours per week during school terms, with opportunity to increase the hours throughout 2023.
Participation Officers will be responsible for the following
- Delivery of Ulti-Mates program to primary schools through the Sporting Schools program
- Delivery of Fly program to secondary schools (Years 7-8) through the Sporting Schools program
- Delivery of VicFlick program to secondary schools (Years 9-12)
- Scheduling of school program bookings within region
- Coordination and delivery of inter-school competitions within region
- Coordination and delivery of school holiday participation opportunities within region
- Coordination and delivery of after-school participation programs within region
- Establish ongoing working relationships with schools and physical activity providers within region.
There will also be opportunities for project-based work, such as delivery of state championship events or management of state representative teams.
- Developed interpersonal and communication skills in group settings
- Ability to effectively engage with people of all abilities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills to manage own workload, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- National Police / Criminal History Check
- Valid Victorian Working with Children Check
- Drivers Licence and own transportation
- Ultimate Australia Level 1 Coach accreditation, or completion of accreditation prior to commencement
- Previous experience in coaching junior (ages 5 to 12) sport or physical activity
- Previous experience in coaching youth (ages 13 to 17) sport or physical activity
- Previous professional or voluntary engagement with children and young people
- Familiarity with flying disc sports in Victoria
The Participation Officer will be employed on a casual basis, according to the Sporting Organisations Award 2010, Classification Coach Grade 1. A workplace agreement shall be provided.
Training and Development Opportunities
Ultimate Victoria will provide initial and ongoing training for this position. This may include:
- On-the-job guidance and mentoring from experienced staff and volunteer coaches
- Regular meetings with UV General Manager for goal-setting and evaluation
- Additional Ultimate coaching accreditation
- Attending national development staff meetings and conferences
- Attending industry seminars and events
This position is subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check and Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Ultimate Victoria to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
UV values diversity and is committed to creating a workplace where all employees can be their true self every day. We are a child safe and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from wide-ranging backgrounds, identities and experiences are encouraged to apply.
Please email your resume, a summary of relevant experience and responses to the selection criteria to email@example.com
Applications close on Tuesday December 13th, 2022
Interviews will be conducted in mid-December, with induction and commencement taking place after the Christmas holidays.