COVID-19 Update – March 18
UPDATED 4:00PM AEDT ON WEDNESDAY MARCH 18, 2020
Ultimate Victoria is continuing to monitor advice pertinent to sporting organisations on a regular basis. Changes affecting Ultimate Victoria activities will be updated on this page.
NOTE: The information on this page is now out of date. Please click here to be directed to the most recent update.
Status on March 18th, 2020
The AFDA is suspending all on-field Flying Disc Activities until 18 May 2020. This includes (but is not exclusive to) tournaments, leagues, training and pickup games (at all levels).
Albert Park League will be suspended until at least the above date. The UV board will be meeting next week to determine the status of this season and remaining seasons for 2020.
Status on March 16th, 2020
Sport and Recreation Victoria are encouraging Victorians to get active and to continue participating in their favourite sport or recreation pastime. Getting active and participating in sport, whether it’s on or off the field, provides a range of physical, mental and social benefits – and helps to keep communities connected.
Health authorities are continuing to closely monitor the situation following the outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19). The easiest way to protect yourself and and others is to pay attention to good hand hygiene and good respiratory hygiene.
- Wash hands often with soap and running water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry with paper towel or hand dryer.
Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- You do not need to wear a face mask if you are well.
- Buying an alcohol-based hand sanitiser with over 60 per cent alcohol is recommended.
- For the virus to spread, extended close personal contact is most likely required. But visitors to locations where cases have been identified should be aware of the signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Close personal contact is defined as at least 15 minutes face-to-face or more than 2 hours in the same room.
- If you are feeling unwell, you should avoid attending public gatherings or events.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has coronavirus disease (COVID-19) stay at home (self-quarantine).
- If you are concerned, please call the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 675 398.
For more information see Sport & Recreation Victoria’s website
Ultimate Victoria will not mandate any modification to club activities at this time. For clubs choosing to go ahead with activities we suggest the following actions
- Institute a minimum marking distance of one metre instead of one disc width
- Maintain separation between players when conducting spirit circles
- Avoid high fives and shaking hands
- Respect the decision of anyone choosing not to attend your club’s activities
Ultimate Victoria activities status
As of 3pm AEDT on Monday March 16th, 2020, the status of Ultimate Victoria managed activities are as follows
- Albert Park League (Monday) will proceed as planned, with players asked to exercise precautions outlined above. Teams choosing to forfeit games will not have their eligibility for future seasons affected as per current forfeit rules. This status may change between now and the next round of games (Mon March 23rd). Please follow APL on Facebook for further updates.
- Albert Park League (Wednesday) will be postponed until further notice.
- UV High School Championships has been postponed until further notice.
- UV managed events due to commence after June 1st, 2020, are expected to proceed as normal. This page will be updated with any changes to their status.