2021 Club Grants – applications open
Ultimate Victoria is looking ahead to 2021, and we want to encourage clubs to increase the number of girls and women playing ultimate. We are making available grants of up to $2,000 for new player focused programs to run next year. Read on for more details.
Ultimate Victoria has two programs available to affiliated clubs to run catered specifically to women and girls, developed in partnership with VicHealth – Girls Love Ultimate (for 12 to 17 year old girls) and Active Frisbee (for women aged 18 and over).
Funding up to $2,000 is available for affiliated clubs to host either or both of these programs in 2021 to cover expenses such as equipment, coaching, venue hire and promotion.
Non-affiliated clubs are welcome to apply provided they intend to achieve affiliated status by December 31st, 2020.
Applications are open from Friday August 20th, and will close at 5pm on Friday September 4th, 2020. Clubs may be contacted prior to the closing date with feedback on their application with an opportunity to review it before re-submitting.
The following criteria will be considered to determine the allocation of grants
- Do the club’s objective’s align with the program’s focus areas?
- Does the proposed program target populations under-represented in ultimate in Victoria?
- UV may consider the social and economic disadvantage in the club’s local area using the SEIFA index from the Australian Bureau of Statistics.
- How many participation opportunities for new players are likely to be provided?
- Does the budget accurately reflect the scope of the application?
- Does the club have the capacity to deliver what is being proposed in the application?
- Does the club have any existing obligations to fulfil the terms of other grants or funding agreements?
To discuss your club’s application, or to ask questions about the programs, please contact UV Program Manager Simon Talbot – simon (at) ultimatevictoria.com.au