2020 Annual General Meeting
The 2020 Annual General Meeting for Ultimate Victoria Inc. will take place on Thursday October 1st at 8pm (AEST).
The meeting will be held online via Zoom. A link to join will be shared via email to registered attendees approximately one hour prior to the meeting’s scheduled commencement time.
The formal portion of the AGM is expected to take 30-40 minutes. UV board members and staff will remain online for Q&A following the AGM.
As the meeting will be held online this year in accordance with section 32 of our constitution, we will require attendees to register prior to the event.
We are also allowing members to appoint a proxy to attend the meeting on their behalf via the same registration process.
As per UV’s Club Affiliation Policy, all affiliated clubs are required to have a representative attend the AGM in order to maintain affiliation status.
Registration for the meeting will close at 8pm on Tuesday September 29th.
- Acceptance of previous AGM minutes (can be viewed here)
- President’s Report
- Financial Report
- Election of board of directors
- Special resolution: To accept the new Association Rules for Ultimate Victoria Inc as presented.
- General Business
Election of board of directors
As per section 52 of our constitution, all positions on the board of directors will be up for election at the AGM.
- Vice President
- Three (3) at-large directors
The number of at-large directors on the board can be modified by special resolution at the meeting immediately prior to the election.
Most incumbents are expected to run again for their roles, however some vacancies are anticipated including the position of Secretary.
At this year’s meeting, UV members will be asked to pass a special resolution adopting new Association Rules that will serve as our constitution. The requirement for this is resultant of AFDA changing their legal name and their definitions of membership, as UV membership is tied to AFDA registration.
You can viewed a copy of the new constitution with tracked changes here, but a brief summary of the changes is as follows
- Linking UV membership directly to your AFDA account
- Allowing the board to grant UV membership to non-players
- Updating language throughout the document to use gender neutral terms
- Removing fax as a method of formal communication between UV and its members