- Use marker cones to lay out a course of “gates”. You can also use physical obstacles already in place such as goal posts or trees.
- One disc per participant, or per team.
- Have a whistle and stopwatch to time the course.
- Players in relay teams throw a disc around the course passing between each gate. Fastest team wins.
- Walk the participants through the course, demonstrating how to successfully pass through or around each gate.
- Start each participant or team from a different gate to have multiple participants or teams active at once.
- Have a set time to see how many gates can be completed (eg: 30 seconds or 60 seconds)
- Only one team or participant can attempt to pass each gate at one time. If you are unsuccessful, take turns with any participants or teams that are waiting.
CHANGE IT ideas
- Coaching: Use players as role models to highlight effective skills.
- Game Rules: Throwing variations – whether players throw long or short, backhand or forehand, will depend on ability.