Step Back Challenge
- Cones or a marked line to designating a central line
- One disc per two participants
- Which pair can complete a throw over the longest distance
- Identify the central line that players start from. Make sure there’s enough space for participants to move back and to the side for errant throws.
- Players start standing either side of the central line facing their partner
- A disc is passed between the two players.
- If the frisbee is caught by the receiver, both players take a step back
- If the frisbee is dropped, both take a step forward
- The winning pair is the one that has retreated the furthest
CHANGE IT ideas
- Coaching: teach correct catching technique, introduce pivoting for longer throws
- Game rules: (Harder) if a pass is incomplete, both players return to the central line. (Harder) restrict the type of throw (eg: forehands only)
- Time: run multiple short rounds (eg: 60 seconds)