- Groups of 4-6 players, with one disc per group
- Players in a circle throw a disc to other players in the circle. An interceptor inside the circle tries to intercept the disc. Only the interceptor can move.
- The player throwing the disc calls out a name (the receiver) and passes the disc to that player.
- If the disc is intercepted, the thrower changes places with the interceptor, or change after 4 throws.
- Variation: players decide on names – cars, pop groups, movies, sports people.
- Ensure adequate space between groups
- Agree on a ‘lost disc’ strategy, i.e. play stops until the disc is retrieved
CHANGE IT ideas
- Coaching: use role models or demonstrations
- Area: bigger or smaller circle
- Number of players: additional interceptors
- Game rules: vary the type of throw used
- Game rules: discuss with the group whether they would like to disallow passes to the person either side of them
- Time: limit the time on disc contact (eg: have to throw in 3 seconds)