HERE, THERE, NOWHERE
- Use marker cones or lines on in indoor court to define the playing
- On a call from the coach, players run towards the coach (here), away from the coach (there) or do an activity on the spot (nowhere).
- Show the players the area boundaries.
- Start slowly (e.g. shuffling, crazy walks, tip-toes).
- Add extra calls (e.g. ‘high-5s’) – children ‘high-5’ three other children; feet must be off the ground when hands touch. Call a ‘balance’ – on one leg, one leg and one hand, two hands and one leg…
- Use different travelling skills – hop, skip, long steps, jumps, high steps.
- If indoors, boundaries should be away from walls or freestanding objects.