FORM A GROUP
- Use four marker cones to map out a playing area
- Players run around in random directions avoiding body contact with other players. The coach calls a number and players form groups of that size.
- Show the participants the boundaries of the playing area
- Start with slow jogging.
- Try several group sizes before you get to the number you would like for a subsequent activity (e.g.
start by calling 4s, then 6s, and finally the group size you want, such as 2s – you may wish to add a ‘new people in the group’ rule for the second and third calls).
- As an option, use some bright music as a backdrop. Stop the music and call the number for the group size.
- Choose an area away from walls and other obstructions.
- Players should be familiar with space and other player awareness activities.
CHANGE IT ideas
- Game Rules: Vary the movement – short bursts of running, hopping and fast walking before calling a group size.