DEFENDERS ON THE LINE
- Set up a playing area with four marker cones for every 8 participants.
- One disc per playing area.
- 4 sashes/bibs per playing area.
- 2 teams of 4 – the playing area has a score line at each end. The team with the disc aims to pass over their opponents’ scoreline. Teams are allowed 3 minutes possession.
- Show the participants the boundaries of the playing area, and the score lines.
- Players can run with the disc, but must stop when tagged and throw to a teammate. Defending team gets a point for each tag.
- When a pass is made across the goal line, the attacking team gets 2 points
- After scoring, the disc is thrown from the goal-line to a teammate. Defenders must stay back 3 metres until the disc is in play.
- Attacking team keeps possession for 3 minutes, even if passes are incomplete.
- Swap possession after 3 minutes.
CHANGE IT ideas
- How to score: set up three hoops in the scoring zone – the disc must be placed in a hoop to score.
- Number of players: divide the court in half and limit the number of players that can be in each half.
- Inclusion: once a player scores, they cannot score again until the rest of their teammates have scored